Sunday, July 6, 2014

Same Sketch...Third Verse....!!! Tree Line Die



This new Tree Line die (DG745) is an all in one die. So I had to run it through the machine once to do the upper portion of the die for the teal leaves and then once through the die cutting machine for the lower portion with the tree trunks. So it did take a minimal amount of cutting  to cut the tree trunks off of the leaves...but it was a simple feat. For me the fun of die cutting this card is choosing the papers. What to put with what to make the colors pop....etc. I have always enjoyed complementary color schemes. Colors that are opposite on the color wheel....blue and orange, red and green, purple and yellow....and the list goes on. In this case I used blue/green and yellow/orange which of course is another variation of complementary. The trunks were neutral and then I paste-embossed "Birthday Greetings" (LG704) in Matte Black Embossing Paste (DMBP) onto a metallic copper cardstock.

Here's a close up of the metallic paper. I used the new long ovals nestling die (DD004) to paste-emboss onto...this is the smallest of the three.

This creation would be perfect for a masculine greeting card...although I know several of my girlfriends who would enjoy receiving it too.



Be sure to leave a comment for the opportunity to be a random winner of this beautiful new die. Come back tomorrow to increase your chances and of course see more ideas on how to use this design. If you are interested in the double glitter technique check out my July 5th post for my new youtube video on double glitter.

7 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Love seeing this de with patterned papers! Totally different look!

Viki Banaszak said...

I love this one too. LOL The diamond trunks are awesome!

Jade said...

I love this tree line die! The diamond patterned paper is really awesome.

Jade said...

lol! We posted almost the same thing at the same time, BurningRubber. Guess it's true that great minds think alike.

Carol McCready said...

Love the patterned trunks.

Katia said...

I love these patterned trunks, there look amazing!

Sandi Lou said...

Love the funky tree trunks and tree tops. What a great way to use up that pattern paper. I do love the longer design of the oval die cut, so great for greetings.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive