Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sneaky Peeky Week/Day #3

I am very excited about our new background stencils.  But before I get too far ahead of myself (I am so excited)...this box came to me originally as just raw wood and then I spray painted it with satin black aerosol latex paint. It took me three coats to be satisfied with the coverage. Remember that Monday I used this same dot stencil (LX7011) with the kitty stencil? Well today I paste-embossed it with Glossy White Embossing Paste (DGWP) onto the lid of this wooden "card box". And also used the same paste on the sides as well, but used the new paisley background stencil (LX7009) for this step. This wooden card box will be a major project at CHA for a company called Walnut Hollow. They will be teaching a class for 100 students (retailers mostly) and will be finishing their box entirely different than this one, but then they will send these students to our booth to do a make 'n take of an A-2 sized card to put into their box. Once the embossing paste was dry I colored my paisleys and dots with our new Color Solution Artist Grade Alcohol Inks. These scrumptious colors are a lot of fun to work with and I actually used precision tipped cotton swabs to do my coloring. I understand that there are also brush marker nibs that work even better, can't wait to get some and try that method as well. 


Next week we will be busy with CHA, but we won't forget our Valentine Challenge players. You still have time to add something to Mr. Linky. Read HERE to find out what is involved and what you could win. Also take a few minutes to see what sneak previews the design team has been working on, here is the list of blogs to hop to:

7 comments:

Scrappychick said...

This is stunning Lynell! I can't wait to see it in person!

Pam Hornschu said...

I am SOOOOO glad that you did the box! It looks amazing. Your color scheme is awesome on this. Can I have this box? :)

Cherylynn said...

Stunning, stunning, stunning!!!

Liz Martin said...

The inks are so rich and vibrant and really stand out against the black background. I'd have to add striking and fabulous to the stunning and awesome mentioned above!

Kristi said...

love the box!!! awesome!

SherylH said...

Wow!!

Unknown said...

what are the differences between this alcohol ink and the Ranger Adirondack or the Piñata alcohol inks? The box is beautiful!

Post a Comment